DENNY THEOCHARAKIS loves traveling around the world and using her camera to capture moments of everyday life at her destinations. Even though each country has its own culture and way of living, she never ceases to be amazed by how similar at their core these seemingly foreign and distant cultures are.
Her travel experiences form the basis of her artwork. Using the memories and feelings from her observations of the different aspects of daily life in the world she creates in her artwork a new, seemingly complicated, reality. A reality, that like in real life, is full of different distinct paths leading to different destinations.
Her art creations are constantly changing, evolving, as she refuses to be associated with a particular school of thought or style. Her style is uncompromising, adventurous. She is in constant search for new ways to express herself using different materials, textures, techniques.
Denny Theocharakis has presented her work in solo and group exhibitions in Greece and abroad. One of her paintings belongs to the permanent collection of the National Gallery of Greece.
She holds an MBA from NYU Stern Business School, a BA in Economics from National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and she is a graduate of Athens School of Fine Arts.
- the silence of the glance, Evripides Art Gallery, Athens 2021
- StART Art Fair London 2021, Saatchi Gallery, London 2021
- meta-synthesis, Evripides Art Gallery, Athens 2017
- macro-micro-cosmos, Ekfrasi-Yianna Grammatopoulou Gallery, Athens 2013
- With a sense of hope..., Evripides Art Gallery, Athens 2021
- ArtBox Project, Zürich, SBB Eventhall Zürich Main Station, Zürich 2020
- There is more than one story, Evripides Art Gallery, Athens 2019
- In the wake of Art-Athina 2019, Evripides Art Gallery, Athens 2019
- Art-Athina 2019, 24th International Contemporary Art Fair of Athens, organization: Hellenic Art Gallery Association, Zappeion Mansion, Athens 2019
- Art and Blue, Evripides Art Gallery, Mykonos 2019
- ArtBox Project New York, Stricoff New York Gallery, New York 2018
- Salon des Αrtistes Indépendants, curator: Emmy Varouxaki, Cannes 2017
- Project Scale, Evripides Art Gallery, Athens 2017
- Piasa Auction House Hellenic Art Auction, 118 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, Paris, curator: Laura Wilmotte-Koufopandelis 2015
- Art-Athina 2014, 19th International Contemporary Art Fair of Athens, organization: EuroMare, TaeKwonDo Stadium, Athens 2014
- Graduates | Class 2010-2011, Athens School of Fine Arts Group exhibition, curator: Michalis Manoussakis, Exhibition Centre ‘Nikos Kessanlis’, Athens 2014
- Speaking about the future, curator: Iris Kritikou, ‘Melina’ Cultural Center, Athens 2013
- 12 New Visual Artists VI, Organization for Sports, Culture and Youth Municipality of Athens – ‘Avgi’ Newspaper, curator Lida Kazantzakis, ‘Melina’ Cultural Center, Athens 2011
- ImagINation, Photography Workshop of The Athens School of Fine Arts, curator: Manolis Baboussis, ‘Mitropolitikes Istories’ (Metropolitan Stories) magazine, Society for Culture ‘Choros 12A’, Athens 2011
- Made of Whitewash and Sea | Visual approaches to the poetry of Odysseas Elytis, 7th Painting Workshop Exhibition of The Athens School of Fine Arts, curator: Jannis Psychopedis, House of Cyprus, Athens 2011
- 6th Biennale of the Greek Academies of Fine Arts, National Bank of Greece Cultural Foundation, Menandrou Str. Building, Athens 2011
- Exiles – Memories from the Present, 7th Painting Workshop Exhibition of The Athens School of Fine Arts, House of Cyprus, Athens 2010
- Athens Photo-Festival | 28 Students from the Athens School of Fine Arts, Athens School of Fine Arts Theatre Hall, Athens 2008
- PhotoBiennale | 20th International Photography Meeting of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki 2008
- One of her paintings belongs to the permanent collection of the National Gallery of Greece.